Saturday 5 September 2015

Brunch hot spots

Canadian style French toast
 
With fathers day tomorrow, I made it my mission not to buy anything gimmicky & materialistic. Do men really need another apron with some funny slogan on it or another pair of socks? Having said that Kobe did choose a box of chocolates (so he can "help" eat it no doubt) for his poppy & grandad. I decided to take Luke out to brunch instead (& save me some cooking, yay!). Here is a round up of my favourite brunch hot spots.
 
FLORA AND FAUNA
 

 Flora & Fauna cafe in Northbridge is a tiny café (like 7 tables) decked out in vintage chic. Every meal is masterfully decorated (almost too pretty to eat, almost!) & topped with edible flowers. A favourite for girly catch ups & if your dad/partner is vegetarian they will love this place. Meatlovers not so much.

 
Herb smashed avocado on Turkish bread with tofu

 
Goji superfood muesli
 
 
  And if you cant go past a sweet treat. Yum! The peanut butter slice was quite rich thou. Waiting times for meals can be up to 30 minutes as each plate is individually plated (I watched in awe as 4 staff worked in the smallest kitchen hammering out dish after dish) so a sweet treat, a fresh pressed juice or coffee is the perfect companion while waiting.

 
BIB AND TUCKER
 

Bib and Tucker in North Fremantle is a winner for every member of the family. Owned by Eamon Sullivan, Steve Hooker and Jamie Dwyer. The food is modern Australian & made with local produce. I hear he even has a beehive on the roof so he can make fresh honey. Plus the beach is right outside the door if you overindulge & need to walk/swim off your meal afterwards.


 
 
Poached egg with Manjimup truffle shavings
 
 
Huevos Rancheros minus the eggs
 
DUENDE
 
 
Duende tapas/ wine bar in Leederville is a funky little café/bar. Unfortunately they don't take bookings. The menu has slightly changed since I have last been. I still dream of their freshly pressed lemon & ginger juice (I have tried to replicate it but to no avail). I
must go back to try out the donut balls in condense milk & chocolate sauce.
 

 
Corn fritters

 
 
ROASTING WAREHOUSE
 
We ended up at Roasting Warehouse in South Fremantle to celebrate fathers day a few days earlier. I love the smell of coffee brewing (I can only have decaf until baby 2# is born so its my vice, sniffing the coffee infused air like a hungry dog sniffing for food). Their coffee is ethically sourced. I went here for the first time for brunch about a month ago with friend Louie & had the waffles, the mascarpone & the crumble was so delightfully sweet I had to drag Luke back for more. Plus I knew he would like the Pulled pork benedict. The only downer was I forgot to take home a honey cake & donut, boo! If you cant tell Im a sucker for sweet desserts (mainly cake).

 
Potato Rosti

 
Waffles with mascarpone & cinnamon crumble
 
 
 
Pulled pork benedict
 
I hope you like the cafes I selected. Perth seriously has so many great places to eat that I think we are on par with Melbourne.
 
And a happy fathers day to all the dad's, poppy's, grandad's & grandpa's out there.
 
Happy Saturday friends!
Grace
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment