Saturday 4 October 2014

Rainy day craft projects for toddlers


And just when I was super excited about all the glorious sunshine, the weather gods throw me a dreary rainy day = cabin fever alert. Those who know me know I have a child that doesn't entertain himself, he prefers the company of someone to play with so I quipped together some craft activities that will surely be entertaining us today. The added bonus is we have daddy with us today (hooray soccer season is over:)).

 
We made this camera out of an empty cracker cardboard box & paper cup which the little one enjoyed painting black (his favourite color most days). He also enjoyed painting his whole arm & legs too... I glued gun on the cup "lens" to the cracker box "camera" base along with some vintage buttons for the camera button & view box plus a ribbon strap (leftover from a gift).


 
 
I was lucky enough to buy this handmade tiger mask at the markets for all of 50 cents. This one is made out of fabric but we will be making a few more out of cardboard which was destined for the recycle bin. Do you know you can make your own paint out of this recipe?
 
 
Random artwork (the ones above are a dragon & Kobe did rain drops on the bottom picture I think) made out of scavenged bits of nature.
 
 
 
 Garden "flowers". I was originally going to make these out of egg cartons (cut out singularly) but then thought they would disintegrate way too quickly so I used the lids off McDonalds sundaes Luke & I treated ourselves to when Kobe was asleep. Win win for all. Kobe enjoyed the painting while I did the cutting of the petals & glueing the pom pom & stick base on.
 
 
 
And because it wouldn't be right without a rubbish bin themed project for the rubbish bin loving boy. We cut out pictures of "recycling" which Kobe glued with a gluestick onto a piece of cardboard. Then I made the bin picture. I took them to Officeworks to get them laminated, cut them up, glue gunned the Velcro on & tada a "recycle themed rubbish bin game" the lil one can choose what he wants to recycle. I also want to make a smelly rubbish bin & donation bin.  
 
 
Happy Sunday friends!
Grace
 

No comments:

Post a Comment