Monday 20 October 2014

Beautiful ethical fashion





When I think of eco clothing, shapeless hemp sack dresses come to mind but not anymore!!! Going green never looked so damn fine with these pieces. You can sleep well wearing any of these knowing they promote sustainable or ethical choices.
 
1.I found this lovely dress in linen which according to this post is the strongest vegetable fiber & also the flax plant in which it is derived flourishes in poor soil (requiring the bearest if any of fertilizer). (The mama who established the Bohemian traders online shop also has the sweetest blog).
 
2.Ethical fashion iniative joined forces with Karen Walker eyewear for Visible 2014 campaign. African artisans involved in the manufacture were also photographed in the campaign shoot. Perfection!
 
3.Bhalo took me by surprise. I heart their stance on incorporating fair trade into their business, not to mention how truly beautifully designed the clothes are. Their Bangladesh workshops even has a community garden & onsite composting. Those sweet shorts never looked sweeter & are even made via a hand loom which require no electricity.
 
4.I have been a longtime fan of Gorman. I refuse to bin the 2 skivvys I forgot to store away in Summer one year so the moths ate tiny holes in them, they are still good to layer under loose dresses in the cold months for many many years to come. My current fave of their organic cotton jersey range is this dot t-shirt. You can read their sustainable philosopy here. I thought it was interesting to note that they sometimes choose a recycled sythetic over organic cotton as a more viable sustainable option.  
 
5. I newly stumbled across Freckled Duck online shop whose niche caters to sweatshop free, organic cotton for children.
 
I cant seem to find any decent looking (yes shallow I know) vegan shoes.
 
 
Happy Monday friends!
Grace

 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment