Sunday 3 August 2014

Kalamunda village markets

 
 I caught up with my sister in law plus kiddies to visit the Kalamunda village markets on Saturday. Its held the first Saturday of every month in the quaint village that is Kalamunda. I always tell Luke that if we ever win lotto we are having a treechange & moving to this lush town where houses are enveloped by trees. We told Kobe this who said he doesn't want to live where the big rocks are (Kalamunda is up in the hills).
 


 
True artisans have stalls here & it makes me wish I had some hidden arty talent so I  too could have a stall here & sell my wares. The succulents in the face vases are on my wishlist & I love the handmade mouse & whale toys.
 

Naturally the lil one was drawn to anything coated in fairy sprinkles or sugar. I try to limit his sugary treats to 1 a day & that morning he had 3. Mama needed a bribe (or 3) just to wander thru the markets. I forget its not peaceful with 3 energetic (& super bored of looking but not touching) toddlers meandering thru the stalls. It didn't help that Kobe likes to be carried when places are crowded. He alternated between Luke & my hips.

 
(The biggest avocadoes I have ever seen, a couple of these are going into a Mexican dish later in the week once they soften a bit).
 
 
The lady who runs the Earth products stall has the best clay face masks & I always top up on my essential oils here too. You can even buy some soaps & shampoo for your pets that aren't full of pesky chemicals.  
 
 
 
 
 

If your chasing a gift whether for you or someone else that is quirky or handmade with love then I recommend this market. However if you order a kebab Im just warning you I hope you like onion as I could still taste the onion in my mouth hours later after eating it...

Happy Sunday friends!
Grace

#Sidenote; The metal flower photo was taken a few months (just incase the prices have changed).

No comments:

Post a Comment