Tuesday 18 August 2015

Restyle: Animal prints

 
Well Im not a fan on how Restyle is running this year. Instead of every blogger posting daily op shopped outfits based on the daily style prompts. Each blogger gets one look each which is posted on Telstra Perth fashion festival Instagram. I was really looking forward to what they chose to wear each day. Oh well...
I was a bit slow catching on Restyle this year. This past week I have been super tired choosing sleep at night over editing photos & blogging updates. Hence this mish mash of prints was probably more suitable to Prompt 13: mixed prints but I can tie it in to Prompt 19: animal prints.


When I saw animal prints, my first thought was DONT do head to toe & look like your on safari or lost in a remote jungle. Im all for a pair of wild printed pants so when I saw these Peter Morrissey for Big W pants (still with tag on) in an op shop last week I bought them. (I was looking for a preloved baby bath support ramp but got a little sidetracked in the clothes department, oops!).
And because I like clashing prints, I chucked my fringed scarf over my denim top & added painted wooden earrings.


What I wore; Denim Co shirt & Peter Morrissey for Big W/ opshop. Gim Renoir Scarf, earrings & Novo shoes/ markets). Total outfit cost was $32.


So technically the Restyle challenge is op shopped based however my whole outfit was secondhand & Im proud to reuse clothes that would otherwise end up in landfill.

Is anyone else doing Restyle this year?

Happy Wednesday friends!
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment