Thursday 14 May 2015

What I wore: highwaisted wide legs pants & a secret revealed

 
In keeping with only buying a few wardrobe staples per season I have been scouring secondhand shops & markets for some highwaisted wide legged jeans. Having such a tiny frame I tend to favour looser clothing. I have been continuously checking out local Perth label Beleza vintage over Instagram after spotting these utterly ah-mazing jeans (which got snapped up super quick) but happily found these dark denim babies instead. There was so much vintage goodness I also bought some 70's high waisted mint coloured pants.
 
 
Being a mama of a very active cheeky child there definitely has to be some give & comfort in my outfit choices. I have to be able to keep up with running after him. I barely wear heels its seems pointless. That's why I teamed these jeans with a lightweight blouse, fringe vest & flat boots. I call it modern bohemian.
 
 
Don't you just adore that poncho Kobe is wearing? I thrifted it last winter & am happy it still (only just) fits for the colder months ahead. My sister kindly brought him back some colourful ponchos from her Mexico travels which he will be forced to wear too.
 
(What I wore; wide leg jeans/ Beleza Vintage, Tokito blouse/ sitting in wardrobe that long it might be considered vintage soon, Fringed vest/ from Singapore (about 7 years ago), felt hat/ gift & boots/ thrifted).
 
 
 
Well the next few months are going to see me wear oversized shirts & leggings as my belly has now popped out from bambino number 2# (the secret is out & we cant be more thrilled!!!). But I cant wait to get back into anything that doesn't have a elasticated waist.
 
 
 
 
Sidenote: Photos taken a month ago at Mundaring Weir. If your a first time visitor, pack a picnic & make a day of it.
 
 
Happy Friday friends!
Grace
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment