Tuesday 19 May 2015

Baby shower wishlist

 
I have had a few friends ask me in the past year what are some really cute but super handy baby gifts to buy when attending a baby shower if the mama to be doesn't put out a gift registry/wishlist. Definitely AVOID gifting baby blankets & baby skincare products. I received far too many of either, & although it was a kind gesture they just weren't used enough. I would also be wary with toys are some parents can be touchy with licensed or educational toys. So I prepared a roundup of some winning baby gift ideas (according to me:)).
 
1. There are so many ugly nappy bags out there that when I had Kobe I opted out of a traditional nappy bag & instead chose a Country Road tote bag. It is quite large & only has 2 compartments (which worked well for me) & I still use it as a sleepover bag if Kobe has a sleepover at one of his grandparents homes.
2. Bibs (or flannels). These bibs are handmade in Australia by a trio of mamas. I was first introduced to their brand at a handmade market in Leederville late last year. There is a big selection of gorgeous prints to choose from. The hardest decision is not to buy them all.
3. Fitted fabric nappies. Not for every parent but I happily did half & half with Kobe (& will be doing the same with baby 2#) to help cut down on my carbon footprint. I recommend Bambooty or Bumgenius. Plus Bambooty have some handy nappy change mats also.
4. Storytime books. Classics like The Gruffalo. I also love Spot, Maisy or the touch feel books for under 2's. There were days when Kobe was little that he would be grabbing book after book for me to read to him all day long. A worth while buy.
5. Lunchboxes. So convenient when out & about to put all the lil ones snacks in. Bento boxes (with all the little compartments) are the best lunchbox you could ever invest in!!! I bought the Fuel bento lunchbox for Kobe but this store has the largest range of Bento boxes to choose from. The animal & superhero bento lunchboxes are cute but definitely make sure the container is BPA free.
6. I cant go past vintage without cooing. My friend Racheal's friend has started her own business called Archers lane where she hand makes vintage inspired boys clothes. But if your mama to be friend is a bit more traditional, stick to onesies.
7. And because Im such a fan of this Etsy store, all those animal felt coats like this racoon coat make me swoon with delight. We bought Kobe a lion coat for his 1st birthday & it still fits:)
 
 
Happy Tuesday friends!
 
Grace
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment