Monday 23 June 2014

What I wore: bridal shower ladylike

 
When I received the invite to Lukes sisters bridal shower. I was a bit clueless as what is a bridal shower exactly? Baby shower yes, bridal shower no. Its pretty much a high tea with games (with no male stripper entertainment although there was some naughty-ish prizes that were won).
 
 
I thought I would dress the part, Amy is quite ladylike so that was what I was aiming for too. I found this faux fur collar in an op shop a couple weeks back & teamed it with a white vintage dress I have had in my wardrobe for ages. Seriously this dress is probably one of the only dresses I shall keep for life. The shift dress cut & the bow detailing are so simple yet elegant. Timeless. I only wish I could style my hair like this.
 
 
And don't get me started on this vintage beaded clutch. Love love!
 
 
Yes I may of been nominated as a toilet paper bride in one of the bridal shower games. This is the closest I shall get to wearing a wedding dress. I didn't win but the bow made on the back by the talented Sarah was fabulous.
 
 
Amy cleverly had Audrey Hepburn quotes dotted around the bridal shower
"The most important thing is to enjoy your life-to be happy-its all that matters".
 
(What I wore: Vintage beaded clutch & faux fur collar/ thrifted. Vintage earrings & dress/ I had in closet).

Happy Monday friends!
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment