Monday 16 June 2014

The road to happiness

 
I recently told a dear friend the road to happiness is never easy. Last year was one of the most challenging trying times of my life. So this year I have been putting the focus on making changes to being happier. Don't get me wrong, everyday I thank my stars for being healthy, having a roof over my head, loving friends & family & this mostly sweet child of mine. But still there were areas of my life I needed to change.
 
 
1.Purging toxic relationships was on the top of my list. Spending less time (or no time) with people who expect me to chase them for every catch up or dump their problems on me without listening in return. By letting these relationships slide, I found I see more of my real friends.
2. Taking me time, this is by far the hardest concept for me to accept as I like to be a very hands on mama for Kobe. I put all my energy into being the bestest damn mama I can be & I try to be there for every milestone. However lately I have been feeling a bit burnt out & wanting some time to breathe & relax. Hence Kobe will be starting daycare for half day once a week, who knows I may even stay in bed for that half day:) Luke is stepping up & having daddy son special time for a couple hours on the weekend. Plus I have started having a sewing night (which sometimes leads into a movie night) to unleash some creativeness with a close friend once a week. Expect to see some sewing DIY blog projects coming up (once I figure out her fancy pants sewing machine, mine's an old school basic one).
 
 
3. Making our house a home; we have been in our house for a while now & it still doesn't feel quite like a home. It may be the piles of  clutter (Im a secret hoarder) I seem to hang onto for no reason but because one day I may use it (eh, not!). Im going thru room by room & deciding what to sell/keep/pass on/donate. Its quite freeing but I have a long way to go. The fun part will be scouring the web for décor inspiration & adding splashes of colour to our space. We have plans to paint the loungeroom this weekend, yippee!
 
 
(He doesnt know it but the lil one is totally flipping the bird in this photo?!?)
 
4. Lastly more exploring, Luke/I suffer from major wanderlust. Funds are tight at the moment so overseas family travel trips are sadly on hold but we are making plans on some local roadtrips exploring Western Australia by car. Coral bay & Balingup we are a coming (some time later in the year).
 
So that's me in a nutshell at the moment, how are you? What are you doing on your road to happiness?
 
Happy Monday friends!
 
Grace
 
*Sidenote; photos taken at this years Bickley harvest festival. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment