Wednesday 17 June 2015

Winter Warmers wishlist


I spent a big chunk of last week fighting off the cold (with Kobe too, Luke managed to dodge it) but felt better come weekend & now it seems the cold wasn't done with me. Round 2... As a believer of buying well but buying less (hence not buying crap) here is my round up of things that would certainly keep me sane & warm during this chilly weather.

1. Its seems one of my pyjama pants has a giant hole in the back (which ofcourse I noticed once I no doubt flashed the neighbourhood when taking Kobe out early morning to see the rubbish truck on bin day, ehhh). The Good Society makes pyjamas pants (amongst other products) with organic cotton & are dyed with water based inks. A perfect replacement me thinks.

2. My kind friend Haelee gifted me with some of this delightful hot chocolate & Im now convinced baby 2# may come out dripping in chocolate. Its the best & I cant get enough!!!

3. I cant not include the sweetest handmade bear blanket I spotted on instagram. Lucky baby wrapped up warm in this! The elephant & lion blankies are just as sweet!!!

4. If I get some free time for sewing, I would love to sew this 60's style cape.

5. Renewed Vintage ebay shop has a lovely selection of preloved clothes. I practically live in denim so Im naturally lusting after this chambray shirt.

6. Whats not to like about a raincoat upcycled from preloved fabric which is then laminated to make it waterproof. Due to this each raincoat is a one off individual piece.

7. I happily scored a wheat pack in a waste not want not gathering I held between a few friends a few months back & it has been a saviour of sorts for aches & pains. The talented Sarah makes these cute moustache themed wheatpacks.
#Double checking that everyone knows wheat packs are not suitable bed warmers as the risk of fire is high if overheated. Stick to hot water bottles for bed warmers.

8. This handknitted Super Mario hotwater bottle has long been sold off Etsy but why not give new life into any old knits or moth chewed knits by making them into hotwater bottle covers. Even handy for the pets during the freezing nights.

Well I hope everyone is well & germ free.
Happy Wednesday friends!
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment