Tuesday 9 June 2015

What I wore: Kimono

 
I have been enjoying getting out while the sun is still shining & catching up with my sister the last month or so before she jets off travelling yet again. I have also been enjoying spending any free time at night watching all the reality shows based around giving birth or parenthood; I bingewatched on ABC iview Daddy daycare about dads who need to be more hands on who are sent to spent a week at a daycare (one of them stepped up so much he was offered a job at the end of the week!!!) & Midwives has me crossing my legs when its time to give birth. I also love One born every minute about birth stories in a maternity ward & the spin off series about the dads & their view on being a parent looks interesting. My favourite reality parenting program was Crash test mummies and daddies about new parents coping with newborns which I watched last year. Its hard to believe in 4 short months I will be a mama to 2 boys. And Luke & I haven't really come up with many names yet... Luckily Kobe threw Spogus & Tom in the naming game as options...
 
 
 
Anyhow lets talk about this outfit. Kimonos are perfect to throw over any plain Jane outfit to give it a bit of edge. This one is actually a Victoria secret robe worn as a kimono. I saw the bow detailing on the sleeve & knew we would be friends forever. I found these high waisted dark denim jeans whilst doing a closet purge that I wore in my last pregnancy. They have a loose elasticated waist which Im grateful for as I can no longer fit most of my pants. I really want to steer clear of maternity pants or those fabric waistbands.
 
 
 
What I wore; Victoria secret robe worn as kimono, scarf, denim jeans/all thrifted. Shoes/ bought in Singapore over 7 years ago. Clutch/ hand me down from sister. White t-shirt/ Bonds.
 
 
 
Happy Tuesday friends!
Grace
 
Sidenote; I was naughty & broke my buy nothing new rule & bought the Bonds tshirt new.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment