Saturday 7 November 2015

D.I.Y. Spider Costume

 
I had planned to do a few crafty Halloween activities with Kobe like last year but time got the best of me with the addition of newborn Dylan, we did manage to make eyeball cookies (only 4 as Kobe broke the rest of the cookie pack when I turned my back for a minute... so we ate those cookies plain lol). I didn't want Kobe to feel left out now he has to share my time so I promised to take him trick or treating for Halloween & make him a costume of his choice which was a spider (but not spiderman).
 
 
1.I used an old skivvy, some goggle eyes, felt, cushion insert, elastic, white wool, black fabric and red ribbon.
 
 
2. I used a dinner plate as a template to cut out a spider body then sewed on scrap red ribbon for the red back spider line.
3/4. For the legs, I measured 30cms length & 12cms width with a stitch length of 1.5cms. Kobe helped me stuff them with cushion insert. I sewed them onto the spider body then onto the skivvy.
5. For the spider webs, I roughly measured white wool along the back of the legs & hand sewed them in place.
 
 
6. The mask was the easiest bit, I cut out 2 bits of felt, measured elastic to go around Kobe's head then glued on the goggle eyes.
 
 
Halloween is clearly a winner with Kobe. Knocking on people's door & being given delicious candy to eat. We are quite lucky a good friend of mine's street goes all out for Halloween, we went early to beat the crowd. Everyone went all out for costumes, I even saw a Mr Potato head! I was a bit slack & went as a cat (which was basically cat ears, some face painted whiskers/nose & wore all black). I think next year I will be a hamburger hee hee.
 
 

Happy Sunday friends!
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment