Wednesday 11 November 2015

Core values


Something to grow
Something borrowed
Something handmade
Something preloved
Something to share
 
Other than trying to nurture my kidlets in being people who are kind, honest & mindful. I try to live my life incorporating these core values too.
 
Something to grow; Kobe & I are growing a number of herbs & vegetables in our garden bed & we are about to add pumpkin, cucumber & marigolds. I get Kobe to help plant the seeds then tend to them by watering & then picking.
Something borrowed; I like to make fortnightly trips to the library & borrow anything decent. Currently skimming the pages of The honest life. Kobe borrows out a couple items per trip as well, it teaches him we don't need to buy every book/dvd & to look after things that aren't ours.
Something handmade; I love nothing more than throwing myself into a creative project like these calico bags to store bought mushrooms in (& to save me putting them into brown paper bags at the shop).
Something preloved; Kobe loves repeating the mantra "reduce, renew, recycle" so it if we can rescue anything of use (like these toy dinosaurs which are perfect for outdoor play) we will. I also instilled in him how important it is to donate anything of quality we don't need to charity shops & why.
Something to share;  It must be love when I share anything sweet. I made this dirt dessert (caramel yoghurt, biscuit bits, sprinkles of ovaltine, topped with nasturtiums & a carrot top from the garden) for my grubby child.

What are your core values & how do you incorporate them into your life?

Happy Thursday friends!
Grace
 

No comments:

Post a Comment