Monday 3 March 2014

What I wore: to a birthday do



Im having a serious love affair with all things floral at the moment. I cant seem to get enough, maybe its the hot weather, who knows? Well this dress came about as Im trying to be good at the moment (sigh, wishful thinking) & get more wear out of items already in my wardrobe then buy more clothes I will barely wear...


However I spotted it blowing carelessly in the wind cooing my name on a market stall rack one Sunday morning. Next thing I know I paid for it & trolloped off one happy lady. Good intentions but bad follow up. I guess I can allow one slip up for this lovely dress.




Plus the sleeves cover up my bony arms which I despise. I know we are our own worst enemies when it comes to our bodies but these damn skinny arms of mine...


 
I try not to follow fashion rules & hence this clutch is actually a makeup bag hee hee. I just love the velvety feel, fuchsia colour & the fact it has a mirror built into it (which is perfect for lip gloss touch ups). Instead I have fun dressing up whatever my mood. Luckily for birthday gal Amanda I wasn't in a trackie pants mood lol.
 
 
 
What I wore: Floral dress/ thrifted, Kookai necklace/ already in wardrobe, YSL makeup bag (used as clutch)/ thrifted, Zomp shoes/ thrifted.
 
Sidenote: My whole outfit fits in with the A year of ethical fashion challenge Im partaking this year. Join in if you are keen:)
 
 
Happy Monday friends!
 
Grace

 

No comments:

Post a Comment