Tuesday 15 November 2016

The joy of bakeswaps




Put your hands up if you hate baking/cooking & the mountain of dirty dishes that come with it. Me me me!!! But you need a variety of snacks to feed constantly hungry children. Enter genius idea of asking a few kindy mums if they would be interested in doing a weekly bakeswap where we all bring something to share. Hence sorting my dilemma & only having to bake one thing but getting a variety of goodies in return. I do admit to sneaking some for morning tea while Kobe is at kindy lol but I do remember to put aside some for him. I started this in term 3 I think & have never been happier.
Here are a few snaps of some deliciousness that I photographed before it was devoured.


Muesli bars
Kobe has just started it to eat muesli bars.
 
 
Crumble
 
 
Passionfruit slice

 
Apple carrot cake
(I borrowed Belinda's bakeswap recipe & added some icing. I make this every week for my boys who love it).
 

I must admit on a lazy bakeweek on grabbing my mums homemade springrolls & passing them off as I made them. Shhh... Or my safe option is usually lamingtons as everybody loves that sugary treat. And this week Im being sneaky & using a packet mix but adding fruit to it to look made from scratch lol.

Hopefully I didn't make you too hungry.
Happy Wednesday's friends!
Grace

PS. The top relish was cauliflower that my lovely mummy friend Kaysey made.

No comments:

Post a Comment