Tuesday 1 November 2016

Halloween 2016


Halloween was a lot quieter this year being on a Monday. We celebrated twice by taking Kobe earlier to a Halloween themed disco. His face has 3 different textures of green (2 facepaint & 1 eyeshadow) as he carried on crying (he doesn't like facepaint) for a good half hour I kept having to reapply. I think in future to stick with a mask to limit the drama & stress. I found his top in an opshop the day before. Clearly Im Harry Potter (& for the eagle eyes yes that is a Slytherin robe oops...).

 
When I found this fake knife at the markets, I just knew my ginger haired child would be Chucky. That movie gave me a many nightmares when I was younger. Clearly this costume is so wrong yet so right. Dylan was ready to scare all those tricksters that came to our door (or more like it giggle & wave).
 
 


There were so many awesome costumes out & about. My lovely frined Kym went as a unicorn (how did I not take her photo is beyond me?!?). I also saw an Edward Scissorhands, a giant hotdog & a Barbie complete in toy box.

 
 
 
We only had time for a couple upcycling craft projects so the scary gingerbread men will have to wait for next year sadly. Kobe helped to paint an old doll as a Zombie who we hid in the front hedge to frighten passerbys. Some old dolls heads (sorry Ken & friend) were also used to make spooky specimen jars.
 
I hope you all had a happy Halloween!
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment