Friday 10 July 2015

DIY: statement necklace

 
Im such a fan of 80's jumpers so when I came across these eccentric 80's buttons at the markets for a couple dollars I jumped for joy. They would go perfect with this large gold chain I picked up at an op shop a while back. Lately I have been favouring simple outfits like oversized jumpers & leggings as nothing seems to fit anymore. So this statement necklace is perfect for jazzing up an otherwise plain outfit.
 
 
 
I used wire cutters, pliers, a thrifted necklace, 80's buttons, bead wire, necklace hoops and bead clamps.
 
 
1. After sorting out a pattern on which I wanted the buttons to go. I threaded some bead wire thru the necklace loops & thru the button opening (at the back of the button). Once I was happy with the length I used my pliers to seal a bead clamp so the button wouldn't slip off.
2. I wrapped 2 lots of bead wire thru the button so it wouldn't twist around when I wore it. Then trimmed off the excess bead wire with the pliers.
3. Next up I measured how low/high I wanted the necklace to hang around my neck & used the wire cutters to trim off the excess necklace chain. Then using the pliers I secured the bead hoop so that the clasp could join it to secure the necklace.
 
 
And tada... My statement necklace is complete.
 
 
(Excuse my pasty face I was fighting off a nasty cold & damn that double chin of mine! BOO!!!).
 
Kobe couldn't help getting in on making something too, after complaining my necklace smelt of olive oil (always has food on the brain this child of mine) he threaded some beads & random bits & bob onto pipe cleaners to make bracelets. Here we are with our fabulous DIY creations:)
 
 
Happy Friday friends!
Grace
 

No comments:

Post a Comment