Friday 17 July 2015

14 acts of kindness (toddler version)





With the school holidays here. I thought what a good time to reevaluate whats important. And being a damn kind person who is considerate of others tops the list. I wanted to involve my 4 year old, Captain whingey (that's you Kobe:)) so that he is aware that its better to be a nice person than someone who selfishly looks out for just themselves. Because lets face it there are plenty of those people out there. So I decided to make a chart of 14 acts of kindness that Kobe could partipate in for each day of the school holidays (we are doing them in no particular order). When I tried to explain it to him he asked if there was also a naughty list... Eh no darling. You give me plenty of tantrums & meltdowns as it is ha ha.

1. Do something kind for the planet. (We gifted out flower party favours for his birthday party, it makes me happy to know that 15 flowers will be planted this weekend).
2. Visit someone whose lonely.
3. Donate 1 birthday gift to a charity (we will be choosing the Kmart wishing tree as we do every year).
4. Make a gift for your teachers upon return to prekindy. No idea what yet, any ideas?!?
5. Donate spare coins into the charity tin can shakers that hang out at the shops.
6. Feed the wildlife. We made heart shaped bird feeders (see above photo) that we tied onto trees. Hopefully will lure birds to our garden that will eat the snails devouring my vegetable patch & frangipani tree.
7. Surprise someone unexpectantly. Kobe actually surprised me after making a giant mess by throwing every matchbox car and toy food all over the floor, told me he was going to tidy up on his own AND he did!?! I had tears in my eyes when I witnessed that, I usually have to nag him to tidy.
8. Pick a friend who makes you smile and send them a thank you note with some stickers.
9. Help take your nano's dogs for a walk (knowing that they make you cranky with their hyperness) as they will enjoy the fresh air.
10. Do a chore without complaining. Kobe swept the leaves in the courtyard & put them all in the bin which was awesome as I find it hard to bend down nowadays. Bless him!
11. Collect items that are no longer used to be donated to a charity.
12. Do something nice for someone who isn't well. Kobe chose (to buy out of some pocket money his poppy gave him) some bubble wands to "make better" his 2 sick friends who live down the road. Naturally he got one for himself too.
13. Help make a meatless meal. We chose to do veggie pizzas. Too easy:)
14. Share your toys with a friend without bickering. Kobe shared his beach toys with a little girl who wandered over for a play. Too cute!!!

We are about halfway thru with a week to go:)

Happy Friday friends!
Grace



No comments:

Post a Comment