Friday 5 September 2014

Subiaco primary farmers market


We find ourselves at the Saturday farmers markets at Subiaco primary when we have nothing planned & need to take the climbing up the walls child out the house. Being a massive bread fan I make a beeline for the bread stalls. Nothing beats the taste of freshly baked bread. Sour dough is my favourite type at the moment, I could eat a loaf in one sitting (but then I remember I should share with the other two:)).

 
 
I try to get Kobe more into fruit & vegetables by giving him a basket to help me load the produce we want to buy in & carry it around. He was obsessed with these baby carrots & kept trying to feed me them. They taste so good fry panned in butter that I decided to grow some in our raised garden beds at home, I cant wait til they are ready for him to pull out the veggie patch (in a few months...). He is really into helping me in the kitchen at the moment by chopping up any mushrooms & bannanas with his plastic knife. Whatever keeps him busy from asking for sugary treats is a win win for me...
 
 
 
 
 
These markets have a sort of hippy relaxed vibe with the emphasis on no plastics keeping plastic to a minimum. So bring your own cloth shopping bags. I remember one time forgetting to pack a water bottle & being stumped you couldn't get water anywhere. There is coffee & freshly squeezed juice on offer thou.
 
If you so happen to need a bribe for the lil one, the following stalls & activities are recommended.
 
 
 
 
A visit to the cookie stall to get one of these gingerbread cookies. This one even has a hundred & thousands sprinkle bikini!
 
 
 
An old favourite, "fishing".
 
 
The front of the school has a bunch of these adorable hand painted tiles with safety messages about buckling up with seatbelts & anti bullying messages amongst others.
I recommend you check out the Earthwise church op shop down the road; to find a thrifted bargain, admire the artwork sculptures out the front or you can drop off fluro globes to be recycled.


Happy Friday friends!
Grace

Sidenote; These photos were taken over a few visits & please keep inmind to check what stalls are on each week by visiting the markets website.

No comments:

Post a Comment