Thursday 16 January 2014

What I wore: to a playdate

 
I have a confession to make. When I was pregnant with Kobe I was that mum (well soon to be mama) that said I wouldn’t have any licensed products in my home for Kobe. Flash forward a couple years & Im scrounging flea markets & op shops for any decent Peppa pig or Wiggles merchandise I can get my hands on. How times have changed! Infact Im looking forward to when Kobe is old enough to love Disney (on his own accord). I even bought him Cars which he loved for about 3 months & I have Peter Pan & Nemo stashed away just incase.
 
My fave Disney characters as a kid was Mickey & Minnie mouse so when I saw this lovely preloved denim shirt with the Mickey mouse embroidery I knew it had to be mine. Its slightly large (as is mostly everything on my petite frame) & I teamed it with faux leather shorts & leopard print shoes & I had my outfit ready for a playdate. (PS. I never wear these faux leather shorts but Im doing the Ethical clothing challenge & making use of clothes/accessories already in my wardrobe).
 
 
Truth be told I don’t think Kobe would have been too fazed with Mickey if we hadn’t discovered a mouse (eek) in the shower the day before. All morning long Kobe would tell me “Im scared of the mouse” to the next minute “I wanna see the mouse it butyful (beautiful) & tiny”. So in full taking advantage of this newfound curiosity of mice I had to pull out some Disney ear headbands to encourage dressing up. Im starting small & soon enough I hope to have a lil one running round wearing all sorts of crazy costumes:)
 



What I wore: Mickey denim shirt/thrifted. Faux leather shorts/Ebay. Leopard print shoes/bought from Hobbs shoe store about a year ago.

Sidenote: My whole outfit fits in with the A year of Ethical fashion challenge Im partaking this year. Im posting one outfit a week.
Happy Thursday friends!
Grace
 



No comments:

Post a Comment