Wednesday 1 March 2017

Quiet time after school activities


Ok so you cant associate quiet time with most kids (including mine:)) but I thought I would share some activities we do to keep these munchkins asking for ipads & tv when they are bored (which is mostly Kobe as Dylan is too little for ipads & tv although he loves Teletubbies).

1. Construct a maze using furniture, trees & a ball of wool. I set this up one school holidays at my mums house. I kept rearranging it every time Kobe completed it. You could easily set this up inside with the dining table & couches.


 
2. Its mega hot here & if you have the energy to take the kids to the beach after school to chill then this activity is the one for you. Burying dinosaur treasure (or anything really) at the beach. I previously made this pirate map that goes perfectly with this activity.


 
3. Ice fossils. This is a super easy activity that just requires you to place some toys in a container of water then the freezer overnight to set. Kobe unleashes his inner destructive child & thus this activity does not last long but is super fun!!!
 
 
4. A good old fashioned activity, all you need is a blank wall outside & some sidewalk chalk then let the little artists loose. Plus the rain cleans it. Yippee!

 
5. Boxes, seriously what kid doesn't love to play around in a box? You can get them free from Bunnings. One day I will build that box ice cream parlour for the kids, until then they can use their imagination.

 
6. Help build a DIY cake emporium (Kobes description). He is mad for these Trashpack figurines so to keep him busy I helped him build a fancy place for them to hang out. I found the mini bins at the markets (& clearly I was more excited that this cake emporium has a recycle & compost bin).

 
7. One for the "Wheres Wally" fans. I hid a sticker of him somewhere different everyday of the school holidays.
 
Feel free to add your favourite kids activities in the comments below:)
And for more ideas, a friend of mine posts fun learning activities on Teacher mum facebook page.
 
Happy Wednesday friends!
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment