Friday 18 April 2014

DIY Easter bags

 
 
Last year Kobe was too little to understand special occasions like birthdays & Easter. But now that Kobe is nearing 3, I thought we should do an egg treasure hunt as a treat. Plus I spent the past week bribing him if he were good I would tell the Easter bunny who visits on Easter to leave some chocolate eggs for him & now had to live up to my end of the bargain. I had the urge to get crafty so I decided to sew some bunny themed bags for Kobe to collect the eggs in.
 
 
I bought some felt & cut it out in the shape of a bunny then sewed a face with wool I had hoarded in my craft box. After sewing the sides, I stuffed it with a few Cadbury lil chocolate eggs.
 
 
This calico bag came with a quilt I had bought so I trimmed it half its size & used the scrap from the felt (from the bunny bag above) to sew some bunnies. I borrowed 2 of Kobes beloved pom poms (out of his mini craft box) for tails & found some scrap green felt for leaves. Overall not bad considering all I spent was $1 (for the felt).
 
 
 
 
As we don't have a backyard only a paved courtyard (with no good hiding spots) I scattered the eggs, bunnies & chocolate Bilby around a park. There were 2 boys riding their bikes nearby but none of them noticed the chocolate, phew! Daddy was even nice enough to help Kobe get his bunny bag off the tree.
 

Who would of thought an hour before the lil one was emptying out his chocolate haul he was telling us he didn't want to go easter egg hunting? We enjoyed watching him excitedly running around searching for his treasure but the bitchfight getting a toddler on a sugar high down for an afternoon nap was painful.

Happy Good Friday friends!

Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment