Tuesday 20 May 2014

Upcycling in the garden

There is so much wastage when children are involved; I cringe at the amount of food Kobe wastes let alone the amount of colouring paper he rips up on a daily basis (everything is rubbish for his rubbish bin, his bin obsession is back in full force). Im always on the hunt for ways to upcyle. Here are a few things saved from the rubbish tip upcycled to use in the garden.



I thrifted these gnomes (I love me a garden gnome) & touched up an old pot with a lick of bright paint. I started with a couple coats of Taubman's 3 in 1 sealer then painted over the top. Unfortunately the lil one broke the yellow gnome so the top half of him is now sitting in the garden hedge.



We drink lots of milk in this house. I love this idea from bohemian CafĂ© The Bakery, I visited in Margaret river last year. Genius!




I always see pallets every verge collection, which makes me oh so tempted to make this DIY vertical pallet, you could probably use empty formula tins/ or coffee tins as the pots?




Another idea for old tyres. Hmmm wonder if Luke notices if I make this swan tyre planter out of one of his spare tyres sitting in the garage... Decisions decisions.

Feel feel to share any links to other upcycled garden projects in the comments below.

Happy Tuesday friends!

Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment