Friday 2 May 2014

Rose heritage cafe: As pretty as a picture

 
 
 
The annual Bickley harvest festival is on this weekend which means droves of people will frolic to this little gem of a place; Rose Heritage Café. Just one of 15 places highlighted in this years festival program.
 

 
I tend to go a couple times a year. There are not many cafes that overlook a beautiful nursery. Or have a gazebo over a pond where the largest koi fish of all the land live. We bring bread & throw it in the water & watch the feeding frenzy begin. Even the ducks get involved & the koi fish aren't fazed by them. We were last here about 5 weeks ago.
 
 
(I finally cottoned on to pack some crayons & colouring books to entertain fidgety toddlers while waiting for meals to be brought out).
 
 
 
 
 
(The following photos are from when we visited in April 2013).
 
 
At certain times of the year, rose infused drinks are available. The rose milkshake is delightful but I found the rose-ade (rose lemonade) a tad bitter.
 

Its hide & seek time in the flower bushes!
 
 
& if no one is about you may find daddies sneakily entertaining the lil ones in the garden carts.
 
 
Rose Heritage cafe gets very busy if you want the best seat, its smart to book in advance.

 
 
September is Tulip time. Brilliant hues of pink, purple, yellow, oranges, reds & then some. (These pictures were taken in 2012. Back when Kobe was a wee lil thing).
 
 
 
 
 


Whenever we are out with family, I tend to push Kobe towards their plates so I can try to selfishly eat my food without interruptions. Unfortunately the dream of eating mouthfuls of food at my own leisurely pace with an energetic toddler about is just that, a dream. I gave him one of the flower table ornaments to play with to give me an extra 5 minutes to devour my lunch.
 
 
 
 

 
Mama needs her coffee pick me up.
 

 
They even hosts weddings here so fellas if you like it then you better put a ring on it. Well except you Luke I rather choose a sleep in over a ring lol. Each to their own.
 
 
 
I always seem to miss the summer months here. Which seems to be when the roses are in full bloom.

Sidenote: I apologize for the lack of food photos but the scenery just takes my breath away.

Happy Friday friends!

Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment