Monday 23 December 2013

A handmade christmas for the doglovers

 

At Christmas time its easy to get carried away spoiling the lil ones silly & forgetting about the fur children (pets). But not me, my foster fur child (aka my sisters dog Bob) I thought I would sew him a toy bone to run round with.




1.       I sewed the toy bone out of some thrifted denim fabric, a rattle (ripped out an old toy of Kobes), scrap felt, scrap red fabric, scrap ribbon, thread, sewing needle, sewing machine, scissors, tailors chalk, wadding (out of an old cushion I think) & lots of love- ha!

2.       I used my amateur drawing skills to outline a bone (times 2) on the denim which I cut out & also I cut out a smaller bone on the felt fabric.

3.       I sewed using red thread the white bone on the larger denim bone then pinned the ribbon to resemble a bow tie & sewed that down too.

4.       I thought I would give myself a headache & cut out small letters for “Bob” & applique them on, they were fiddly to sew but they turned out ok, yay for me!  

5.       Next I placed the 2 denim bones right side (dark side) together & sewed them leaving a 10cm gap. Turned it inside out so that the dark denim was on the outside.

6.        I stuffed the wadding & rattle inside then hand sewed the gap closed & tada.



One mighty fine looking  Bob & dog bone to match.

And because I like to play dress up I had to go that mile extra & make him a santa beard out of scrap faux fur. (Things Auntys do when the owners pet is away on travels hee hee).

Merry Christmas Santa Bob:)

 
 

Happy Monday friends!

Grace

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment