Wednesday 27 January 2016

Handmade gift ideas





I have been feeling a little creatively stifled lately so I decided to go thru my photo archives of things I have sewn either for my family or friends/friend's child for gifts as inspiration. This year I hope to be more creative & make most of the gifts we give.

 
 
 
Kobe is a mad fan of "Cut throat kitchen" & "Chopped" so I couldn't help myself by making a few extra food bits & an apron to add to his cooking challenges. A tutorial on how I made the ice cream cone is here. I made the apron from an old smock dress.
 
 
 
I sewed these dolls clothes for Kobes cousin's cabbage patch doll (modelled on my extremely old doll whose hair I butchered}. I love love the retro bathers I made from fabric from a top I bought but never wore.
 
 
 
 
Last year I made a lego/duplo mat for my next door neighbour's boy. I never understood the value of these mats until Kobe received lego for his birthday & Christmas. Perfect for him to play on & then when he is finished I just pull on the drawstrings to close it up like a bag. No more stepping on random lego pieces.
 
 
 
 

Jazzing up some otherwise plain jumpers with cutesy animals.
 
Happy Wednesday friends!
Grace
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment