Wednesday 4 April 2018

What I bought in March



Again books dominated my purchases in March, I succumbed to 3 fashion magazines (not available at my library so I will look into getting a digital subscription), Easter books (gifted to my boys in previous post),  preloved books about saving energy /saving water / recycling to educate Dylan, Hey Warrior book about anxiety for Kobe, preloved copy of Minimalism (this was an awesome find), preloved stainless bento trays (2 for $2!!) and some Birkenstock sandals for Dylan as his handmedown shoes are way too big.

I managed to avoid buying preloved activity books this month by using the magna doodle to do games with Dylan (he loves guessing what number or shape I drew) & verbally doing quizzes for Kobe (he is loving being tested on maths equations at the moment). Plus we utilise our library on a weekly basis. I will be spring cleaning the kids bookshelf in April as there are at least 20% that no longer get read & I only want to keep stuff that we use (and I feel so guilty about how many books I have bought over the last 2 months).


The only gifts we bought for Easter is the photo above as we thought all the cousins doing an egg hunt was enough. We ended up only buying Lukes sisters new bub an easter gift which was something useful (bibs) & an Easter book. Kobe wanted to gift Luke's parents some chocolate from local chocolatier Decadence C  (the chocolate pretzels was the only stuff we bought in plastic packaging in March & the plastic hooks on the bibs, dang it!).


Kobe spent his pocket money on discounted Easter chocolate ($1.60) as he was angry that the Easter bunny missed our house (I did warn him that he wasn't visiting our house this year but again he is at that age when he compares what he gets to what his friends get & he always ends up getting the least but Im trying to teach him to be grateful for what he does have as there is always someone out there with less). 

I fantasized about buying a kids outdoor setting new but instead I will hope that I find one preloved or on the verge. And we were blessed to be given hand me down clothes for both boys (thank you Michelle, Sam, Kaysey & Melissa) so hopefully I won't have to buy much if anything for Winter for them.


Happy Wednesday friends!
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment